Valor Academy of Martial Arts is a Freestyle system which means there are different types of martial arts disciplines that make up our curriculum. Our foundation is Tae Kwon Do and Kenpo Karate. As students rank up and progress through the system we start incorporating Weapons training, wing chung, aikido, kick boxing, boxing, sport karate, shin-toshi, and grappling. We also pride ourselves on spending time focusing on valuable life skills such as discipline,
focus, dedication, goals, honestly, courage, determination, and self-esteem, just to name a few. We believe a combination of various styles as well as the incorporation of life skills makes for an All-around Martial Artist and an outstanding citizen. All of which helps with the ability to face any challenge that comes their way.
- Began training in 1987
- Began teaching martial arts in 1993
- Earned Jr. Black belt in 1994
- Earned Black belt in Freestyle Karate in 1996
- 3-1 Full contact Kick boxing record during 1996. 2 BWO knock out, 1 BWO TKO
- Fought on the main event card in the 1st Ultimate Combat Experience 2000
- Active competitor from 1988-2014
- Has won numbers titles, trophies, award, and grand championships across the Western United States during 1988- 2014
- Was on the cover of E.K.L. sport karate magazine
- Undefeated competitor of the year with the EKL 1995
- Placed 2nd internationally at the National Black League Super Grands 1994 in Point Sparring
- Founded Valor Academy of Martial Arts in June of 2011
We believe everyone deserves to be able to defend themselves and have the confidence to reach their fullest potential. The benefits that come with Martial Arts last a life time and is something that one takes with them in to their everyday lives. Martial Arts is more than just a fun sport or way to get in shape. It is a way of life and the knowledge that one can gain with training in M.A. can be taken with you for the rest of your life. We believe that the children of this next generation deserve to defend themselves against bullying, any and all unnecessary attacks. As children grow up training in M.A. they attain focus, confidence, and importance of community service, sportsmanship, leadership skills, & physical skills as well as commitment, determination and goal settings/achievements.
Our goal is to teach the students to lead their lives as great examples of Integrity, Respect & Discipline.